Quick links to fitness, nutrition and personal health resources for cancer survivors, their families and friends:
Fitness & Wellness
- SamFit Pilot Fitness Program – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:45-4:35pm
- Garden Walking – Tuesday, 4:30 – 5:30pm.
- Pacific Cancer Fitness – San Diego-based group fitness, integrated education and wellness programs. See also Facebook page.
Food & Nutrition
- Nutritionist at Samaritan – 541-812-5888
- Farmers’ Markets and You
- Anti inflammatory diet and foods
- Environmental Working Group (EWG) Food Scores
- BeBusinessed.com – No nonsense advice, how-to’s and reviews
- Take Them a Meal – home delivered meals from friends and neighbors for the patient. Give a meal instead of flowers or gifts.
Hair, Nails & Skin Care
- MindingtheBody.org – Hair & Nail Services
- Michelle’s Personal Skin Care
- Environmental Working Group (EWG) Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
Health Services by Health Professionals
- Kerry Boysen, MPT, Restore Physical Therapy –
966 NW Circle Blvd, Corvallis, OR – 541-908-7959
Over 20 years of clinical experience in orthopedics and women’s health physical therapy. Certified in pelvic floor physical therapy through the American Physical Therapy Association. Kerry is passionate about women’s health and helping women restore function and achieve well being in all aspects of their life. If you are experiencing symptoms of incontinence, urinary retention, constipation, organ prolapse, pain with intercourse, pelvis or hip pain, an evaluation by a women’s health PT is indicated.