Quick links to financial resources, caregivers, grieving & loss and support groups for cancer survivors, their families and friends:
- Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Network: Finding Financial Assistance
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- The Samfund – Provides support for young adult cancer survivors.
- Caring Bridge
- Lotsa Helping Hands
- Joan Lunden: Creating a healthy lifestyle for a better tomorrow
- Book: Breast Cancer Husband: How to Help Your Wife (and Yourself) during Diagnosis, Treatment and Beyond
- Take Them a Meal – home delivered meals from friends and neighbors for the patient. Give a meal instead of flowers or gifts.
- Caregiver support groups
Grieving & Loss
- Book: Finding Life After Losing One: A Parent’s Guide for When a Child Dies by Nikki M. King and Alice Rampton (Available from Amazon.) A book for parents by parents. See also Facebook.
- Coalition to Support Grieving Students
- Camp Kesem – Camp Kesem is a nationwide community, driven by passionate college student leaders, supporting children through and beyond their parent’s cancer.
- Dougy Center – provides support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults and their families grieving a death can share their experiences. There are no fees for our services.
- Ultimate Guide to Grieving Support Resources
- Samaritan Young Adult Cancer Support Group – 541-812-5888
- Man to Man Cancer Support Group – 541-812-5888
- Samaritan Metastatic Cancer Support Group – meets twice a month (see brochure). Contact Jeanette Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living with Cancer Support Group – in Albany – 541-768-5220
- Young Adult Cancer Survivor Group – in Corvallis – 541-768-2171
- Breast Cancer Support Group – in Corvallis – 541-768-4950 or 541-768-2376
- Cancer Support Group – in Albany – 541-812-5888
- Gynecologic Cancer Support Group – in Corvallis – 541-768-2375
- Cancer support community sponsored by The Wellness Community
- Hope for Two – Pregnancy with cancer support network